CarbonLite, in association with the AECB, has offered training courses in low energy building, building physics and energy assessment since 2007.
For further information on any of the courses listed below, please email .
The Introduction to Using THERM to Model Thermal Bridges is eligible for 16 credit points towards CEPH status.
|Course||Price||Length of Access||Access|
|Setting up THERM for Use in Thermal Bridging Calculations
||Free||Unlimited||Click here to access
(Follow link, then click on "log in as a guest")
|Introduction to Using THERM to Model Thermal Bridges
Course syllabus: click here to access as a PDF
Promotional video: see below
FAQs: see below
|£200 + VAT
(includes a nominal 2 hours of email support)
1. Purchase the course by clicking the button below. If you don't have a Paypal account, that's fine - you can pay by credit/debit card or make a direct debit payment by clicking "Check Out as a Guest" on the following screen.
2. Receive an email from us containing your login name and password.
3. Click here to access
Promotional Video: Introduction to Using THERM to Model Thermal Bridges
- Does this training meet the competency requirements of BR497?
As of 2016, the BR497 exercises are no longer intended to act as a means of proving competence. They are useful for individuals to highlight for their own benefit where they need to improve their modelling abilities. Our course is designed to be an introduction to calculating Psi-values and therefore does not exhaustively cover every type of junction that may arise, but we believe that, having completed it, you will be in a position to complete the BR497 exercises and obtain the correct results. However, if you do need any additional guidance, there is 2 hours of support from us included in the course price.
- Does this training mean I will be a "competent assessor" of thermal bridges, for SAP purposes?
There is no mandated definition that we have yet seen of what a "competent assessor" is, but would suggest that completing the BR497 exercises correctly would suggest a level of competency.
- Is the course accredited by the BRE/any Government scheme/other?
No, we are not aware of any body that approves training schemes for thermal bridge modelling. We can provide you with a statement saying that you have completed the exercises in the course.